Applications and Fees
Fill out the application form, and email it to the leader of the unit you would like to join.
Find the unit you would like to join and the contact information of the unit leader by following the FIND A UNIT link.
If you do not hear from the unit in a few days, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
With the Council membership fee included, the fees are as follows:
- $140 for Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scouts participants*
- $110 for Exploring participants*
- $30 for council-paid memberships
- $84 for all adult volunteers (includes the cost of background check)
- $100 for unit charter fee
* New Members pay a $25.00 Joining Fee in addition to Membership Fee.
New Members will not receive a prorated fee. The new member will renew on their original sign up anniversary date. Each registered member of the BSA will receive an email notice with a registration renewal link beginning 60 days before the anniversary month they joined Scouting. Unit leaders will receive a copy of the email and should stay engaged in the membership renewal process just like rechartering.
Effective April 1, 2024, the Boy Scouts of America will eliminate the $25 one-time joining fee for new program participants in Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing and Sea Scouting. They have also increased the regular annual registration fees by $5.00 for youth in Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing and Sea Scouts along with a $5 increase for all adult volunteers.
Every youth should have the opportunity to join Scouting. The program is naturally built with the ability to fundraise and support the many adventures Scouting can offer. If a Scout is not able to sustain his/her registration, then the Nevada Area Council does have the ability to help with some of the financial costs. Money should not be an issue keeping a Scout from participating.
Please complete the financial assistance form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance.
Hello Adult Volunteers!
We are so glad that you are choosing to invest your time to help youth develop into outstanding citizens for the future of our communities!
- For new adults who would like to volunteer, we ask that you become a trained leader for your role as soon as possible.
- Please send any questions you may have about training to email@example.com, and be sure to read the training information on this site – https://nevadabsa.org/training/
- The first step in the training process is to create an online BSA account as a new user at my.scouting.org. Once logged in, please click on the Youth Protection logo on the opening page. Youth Protection Training is critical to ensuring your safety and the safety of our youth. This training is the first training adult volunteers must complete.
Scoutreach provides Scouting to youth of all ages who otherwise are not able to participate in traditional Scouting units. Scoutreach is a separate District within the Nevada Area Council; however, Scoutreach’s current program sites are focused in the Reno, Sparks, and Fernley areas. Contact Dan Deakin at Dan.Deakin@scouting.org for more information.
Help Wanted: Scoutreach Program Aids
Everyday program aids for the Boy Scouts of America work to help take Scouting to youth when normal volunteer leaders are not available. The need has never changed – our communities need leaders for tomorrow. Can you help make a difference even if it is just one youth?
- Provide Scout programing for youth K-12 at assigned Scoutreach sites.
- Ensure that youth being served are appropriately registered in the Boy Scouts of America.
- Keep accurate attendance records at all meetings.
- Submit advancement records for youth served.
- Attend weekly phone team meetings and the monthly face to face team meetings.
- Maintain reliable transportation that enables you to be at assigned sites.
- Be consistent and on-time to assigned sites.
- Complete BSA Youth Protection Training, BSA leader specific training, and any additional partnering agency training.
- Properly register with the Boy Scouts of America.
- Wear the proper uniform when delivering programing to youth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Most sites run from 3:30pm to 6:00pm on weekdays.
- Some weekend activities are available.