Membership Registrar’s Corner
Annual Re-Charter Helpful Tips:
Online re-charting will be available November 1. Completed re-charter packets with signatures, fees, and Youth Protection certificates are due to council office by December 15. The council registrar will verify and process the packets due for submission to National by January 31.
Note: Google Chrome seems to work best for my.scouting.org!
It is highly recommended that you go through the tutorial. It only takes a few minutes & will be very helpful. https://www.scouting.org/resources/internet-rechartering/
Youth Protection training (YPT) must be up-to-date for all adults included on a units charter. The YPT expiration date must not be less than a month away at recharter.
The copy of your unit roster will show you who is in need of renewing Youth Protection Training or who is expiring soon. You will need to review the roster and inform individuals that they will need to take Youth Protection Training. Direct them to my.scouting.org website and have them complete the training and give you a copy of the certificate of competition to turn in with your re-charter paperwork.
If you have any questions, please email Linda Brant at email@example.com or call 775-787-1111, ext. 212.
Collect all required fees: $100 Unit Charter fee, $80 youth National registration fee, $60 youth Council fee, $25 new youth National registration fee for first time youth, $60 adult National registration fee, $24 adult Council fee, and $15 for Scouts’ Life magazine subscription.
- Determine the adult who will be responsible for renewing your internet re-charter. This person will select a password that they will be responsible for using during the internet re-chartering process. This password should not be confused with the Access Code. The password simply allows the user to save work and come back to it at a later date.
- Select “First-Time User” (even if you used internet re-chartering last year – each year there is a new code) & enter the unit’s recharter code that is available in your recharter packet, or call the Scout Office or your District Executive.
- Select the unit type & enter the unit # (include all 4 digits).
- Create a password as instructed.
- Complete the information requested on each screen. You can stop at any time, log off the system, and begin again where you left off by re-entering your access code and password.
- Update your members’ addresses and email addresses (This is important for communication!).
- Add new youth and adult members. The fee is no longer prorated.
- At the “Update Fee” stage of the process, you may select Scouts’ Life magazine subscriptions and choose if a member is registering as a “multiple” (paid in another unit).
- Here’s how to wrap it up: When you’ve completed all the information to re-charter the unit, click the Submit button.
- Print the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package which includes the charter renewal application and lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults. Acquire the appropriate signatures on the Charter Renewal Report and any youth or adult applications. An application must be turned in for members transferring to your unit and for any NEW Scouts or adults not listed on your current re-charter. All new adults must have their youth protection certificate attached to their adult application. Ensure that your direct contact leaders are trained. Take the entire packet along with new applications and payment to the council office.TURN IN ALL PAGES, EVEN IF PAGE # 1 IS BLANK. DO NOT TURN IN A DRAFT COPY – DRAFT COPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.